Sending WinSqueak Code: Dumb but Critical Question

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Tue Jan 20 15:31:56 UTC 1998

Mark,

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Mark Guzdial wrote:

>  (1) When students fileOut their code, FTP it to their UNIX accounts, and
>  mail it to us, all the line endings are gone and we can't fileIn the
>  result.
>
>  Any suggestions?

You may try the attached CrLfFileStream which automatically detects the
actual line end convention of a file. To install it for permanent use
change FileStream class>>concreteStream to return CrLfFileStream rather
than StandardFileStream.

Hope this helps,
   Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+

Attachment converted: Cog:CrLfFileStream.cs (????/----) (0000AB8E)