Squeak... No Sound

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Tue Jan 20 23:12:04 UTC 1998

Richard,

> *ack* and I tried the thing with my ol' soundblaster pro!

If you've got a C compiler at hand you may try to recompile the VM for
8 bit sound support. All you basically need to do is modifying the
BYTES_PER_SAMPLE definition in sqWin32Sound.c

This should work although I haven't tried 8 bit sound for a while (looks
like nobody has those old sound cards any longer - I never got a request
for this). If you're running into problems please email me directly.

Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+