Sending WinSqueak Code: Dumb but Critical Question

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 20 13:33:18 UTC 1998

Folks, I'm teaching Squeak to an intro class on object-oriented analysis,
design, and programming this quarter, and I've run into a simple but
nagging problem: How to get students to turn in their lab code.  They're
working in a lab of WinNT boxes.

(1) When students fileOut their code, FTP it to their UNIX accounts, and
mail it to us, all the line endings are gone and we can't fileIn the
result.

(2) We've built a turnIn and grading system in the Pluggable WebServer so
that students can fileOut their code, open up the fileOut, select-all and
copy, then paste it into a text area in an HTML form.  Again, all tabs and
line endings are gone, so we can't fileIn.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu