Makefile quesion: #include "sq.h"

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Sun Jan 11 06:57:30 UTC 1998

> > Does anyone know why sqFilePrims.o, sqSoundPrims.o, sqUnixNetwork.o, and
> > sqXWindow.c apparently aren't reading in their header file "sq.h" [...]
> > The sq.h file definitions don't seem to be getting into the above files,
> > though the #include "sq.h" is at the top of each file.
One reason I have seen for this appearing to happen is the line-ends being wrong. Some compilers will read the file but 'ignore' it. They don't report not being able to open the file, but they behave as if it wasn't there!

IIRC the 'fresh' sq.h file is CR line-end; if, for example you try to use it with M$ C++ Developer Stupifier it will usually screw up.

tim
--
Useful Latin Phrases:- Die dulci fruere.
Have a nice day.