Squeak 1.3 for Unix

Ian Piumarta piumarta at prof.inria.fr
Mon Jan 19 17:29:39 UTC 1998

Todd,

> I am having problems generating a new (1.3) VM with your
> user primitive change set.  The resulting executable dies
> on start up with a Segmentation Fault in the BitBlit code.

I've placed a new version (1.3-compatible) of the userPrims
in
	ftp://alix.inria.fr/pub/squeak/unix/goodies/userprims

and I've checked that it works with the example UDPs in that
same directory.  (I also fixed the bug to make the UDPs
fail correctly.)

The reason you were seeing the SEGV is that Dan changed the
BitBlt code to use a dispatch table instead of a series
of nested "if"s and/or a switch statement.  By filing-in
the old UDP stuff you were removing the initialisation
of this dispatch table from the interpreter's startup
code.

Regards,

Ian