On the security question...

Christopher Oliver oliver at fritz.co.traverse.com
Mon Jan 12 03:20:46 UTC 1998

In a fit of pique I wrote:
> My concern is more along the lines of dumping images that contain
> passwords and session keys.

Well, I seem to have my answer; sensitive interleaved garbage IS
getting dumped into the image when I exit via 'Save and quit.'  A
look through InterpGCC tells me that a compaction is performed when
fullGC() is called during the snapshot.  Can anyone explain why I'm
able to find leftover garbage in the image I get from 'save and
quit' in the menu, but not: Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuite: true?

My brain hurts!

--
Christopher Oliver                     Traverse Communications
Systems Coordinator                    223 Grandview Pkwy, Suite 108