Three beginner's questions

Philippe de Rochambeau pr1 at club-internet.fr
Thu Jan 29 19:25:40 UTC 1998

1) What is the easiest way to draw a graphical object (e.g., a line)?
Can you draw in the Workspace or must you draw on a special canvas?
Could you provide a simple example?

2) How do you include a character such as a single quote in a Squeak
string; i.e., what is the equivalent in Squeak SmallTalk of "\'" (I am
aware of the fact that you can always replace the single quote by a
double quote as in 'John"s', but I wonder if there is another solution)?

3) What is the easiest way to generate a simple window containing a
button, in Squeak?

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated.

Philippe de Rochambeau