ideas for Squeak projects

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Tue Jan 20 13:01:29 UTC 1998

Hi Richard--

> - Squeak Music
>
> Well, since the Smallmusic project more or less faded away, why not try
> to pick it up in Squeak?

	An excellent idea...  ;)   (I'm one of the faded Smallmusic people)  I was
just thinking that Morphic could eventually be an interesting vehicle for
music notation (after its interactive performance is suitably responsive).
I was very intrigued by the flowing text stuff in 1.3.

	I'm still interested in dynamic interactive scores... I have to admit I'm
still not motivated to write a traditional sequencer.

> - Native windowing support

	Blerf... no interest on my part there...

> - Squeak OS
>
> This is actually the opposite of the previous idea: free Squeak from the
> burden of it's underlying OS and give it a room for itself. As I see it,
> Squeak actually already is it's own little OS, with all the windows 'n
> stuff ;)  Why not enhance it further? I guess we should start with giving
> it its own bootstrapping capabilties.

	Now *this* is fun. I do that at my day job... it's a large effort, though.

-C

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist