Squeak portability

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Sat Jan 24 20:48:12 UTC 1998

Hi, Ian!

Re:
>> Chaos rules!
>
>Not really.

Thanks for sending a very polite and informative message to Serg.
I think your modifying influence really helps set the tone of the
Squeak list and keeps it from degenerating into flame wars.

Re:
I'm "in charge" of the Unix ports, but that doesn't involve
much more than typing "make" in the right place at the right time.

You are far too modest! Given that your ports were the first to
be done and that Andreas used some of your code in his first
Windows port, I'd say that you really lead the charge on
Squeak portability. Not to mention the Herculean effort on designing
and implementing the JIT.

As Dan probably wrote to you, the entire Squeak group has been
sequestered in Orlando, Florida, where we've been forced to
tour theme parks and eat extravagant dinners for the past week.
We'll be catching up with the heavy traffic on the Squeak list
over the next several days.

	-- John