On the security question... (wrong!)

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Mon Jan 12 07:11:52 UTC 1998

> I sit corrected.  It doesn't seem that there is a reliable way to
> assure with a standard image that garbage is removed at dump time.
primitiveFullGC should do this for you - it clears all the roots, incrementally gcs does a full scale mark and sweep of all memory. If anything 'garbage' is left after _that_ lot, it ain't garbage!

And I wuz rong :-( The snapshot primitive _does_ actually do a fullGC, much to my surprise. So it's doubly puzzling that you are getting images with this 'extra' info left in it. There must be some references left somewhere.

tim
--
Useful random insult:- A gross ignoramus -- 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 856-7230 (w)