Squeak-1.3 on NetBSD1.3

Greg Oster oster at cs.usask.ca
Fri Jan 23 20:17:27 UTC 1998

Hi folks

Just letting you know that I've got Squeak v1.3 running on a NetBSD-1.3/i386
box.  The changes to the GNUmakefile.conf and sqConfig.h files were
pretty minor, and I've included them (the changes) at the end of this message.
I'm certainly no Squeak expert, and I've only lightly tested things, but it
does look like it's working.

All I need now is some time to learn more about it... :-)

Later...

Greg Oster

oster at cs.usask.ca
Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CANADA

------8<----8<------ Additions to GNUmakefile.conf -----8<----8<----

ifeq ($(SYSTEM),                                      netbsd)
  CC=         gcc
  CCFLAGS:=   -O2 -g $(PROFILE) -I/usr/X11R6/include
  LDO=                ld -r
  LD=         gcc
  LDFLAGS:=    $(PROFILE)
  LIBDIRS=    -L/usr/X11R6/lib
  LIBS=               -lX11 -lXext -lm
  GNU=                gnu-
  GAWK=               awk
endif

------8<----8<-- End of Additions to GNUmakefile.conf -8<----8<----

------8<----8<------ Additions to sqConfig.h -----8<----8<----

#if defined(__NetBSD__)
# if defined(i386)                            /* iX86/NetBSD */
#   if defined(SQ_CONFIG_DONE)
#     error configuration conflict
#   endif
#   undef  HAS_D_NAMLEN