unification algorithm in Smalltalk?

Mike Anderson mikea at knowmed.com
Wed Jul 8 16:03:43 UTC 1998

+  From: Philippe Loève [mailto:phloeve at club-internet.fr]
+  At 13:44 06/07/98 -0600, Kyle Pierce wrote:
+  >    I am looking for Smalltalk AI tools in general, and any
+   Smalltalk
+  >  Can  anyone
+  >provide pointers to such a thing, in a dialect that might be  fairly
+  >Squeak-compatible?
+  >
+  Digitalk used to sell goodies for Smalltalk/V DOS.  Among them was
+  a "Prolog/V" (maybe part of Carleton tools), which I was
+  told was rather
+  buggy.  Its syntax was an odd mixture of Smalltalk and Prolog.
+
+  I cannot find any hint at it on the Web.  However, I bought
+  these goodies
+  long ago, and I might be able to find them back, if this is
+  of interest to
+  you.
+
+  Philippe Loève

Prolog/V was built in to ST/V Dos.  It wasn't in V/286.  I think parts of
the source, maybe all, were hidden (it subclassed many ST compiler classes
which were hidden), so no simple port.  There was a DDJ issue (sometime
between '86 & '88) with a review of it which was quite positive.

....Mike