Peculiar behaviour of Behavior>>allSubclasses

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Jun 10 10:28:00 UTC 1998

> If I send allSubclasses to Object, Behavior, Class the I get all Classes in
> the System and all Metaclasses.
>
> Is this the expected behaviour, and if so, why ?

It is the expected behavior because all the Metaclasses are subclasses of
Class. If you look at Class' hierarchy you'll see

Object()
  Behavior()
    ClassDescription()
      Class
        [ ... all the Metaclasses ... ]

and when looking at Class class hierarchy

Object()
  Behavior()
    ClassDescription()
      Class()
        Object class()
          Behavior class()
            ClassDescription class()
              Class class()

It's a little weird yes.

  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+