arrow keys in browser

David Stes stes at mundivia.es
Fri Jun 19 17:39:02 UTC 1998

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, William O. Dargel wrote:

> BTW David, I'm not sure what the left- and right-arrow keys would do in
> a browser. What did you envision them doing? Ah! Perhaps move the focus
> (mouse?) between side by side lists?

Yes. I mean, no, not move the mouse, but move the focus, yes.
So you can traverse the browser with the cursor keys only ...

I also implemented 'vi' keybindings for the list, 'k' moves upwards in the
list and 'j' downwards.  So 'h' could move the focus to the column to the
left.

In fact, I'm going to wait to upgrade to 2.0, and continue to work
with 1.31 a bit, since if the Controllers already deal with keyboard
input in 2.0, then that would spoil the fun for me ...