auto update problem

Ted K. tedk at wdi.disney.com
Thu Jun 18 20:00:08 UTC 1998

Bill Dargel wrote:
>My thought is to change the Utilities class absorbUpdatesFromServer
>method to not put you into this state in the first place. The attached
>version of the method will stop loading updates after the first failure,
>and report how many were loaded, how many weren't and the url of the
>first one that didn't load.

Yes, this is simply an error on my part.  I never intended it to go on further after failing to load an update.  It doesn't make any sense to get them out of order.  The idea was to stop after the first failure, but I forgot to put that check in!  (I was thinking of the case when the server goes offline in the middle of fetching 10 updates.)

--Ted.

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3415 Cork Oak Way, Palo Alto, CA  94303.  voice (650) 424-1070
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/
Give me your old Macintosh!   I will put it in a first grade classroom.