Squeak available for SGI Irix 6.2?

Louise Penberthy lpenbert at ksumail.kennesaw.edu
Fri Mar 27 03:16:08 UTC 1998

Andreas Raab wrote:

> > Is Squeak available for SGI Irix 6.2?  According to the Web page at
> > squeak.cs.uiuc.edu, it is, but when I get to the ftp directory, I don't see
> > a folder for that OS.  I also looked at all of the mirror sites, but didn't
> > see it on any of them, either.  Could someone tell me where I could get
> > Squeak, if indeed it is available for Irix?
>
> There is no pre-compiled version of the VM for Irix on the servers.
> If you drop me a note I can send you a VM for Irix 5.3 (e.g. o32) which
> has been used on Irix 6.4 too (sorry, we have no 6.2 running here, but I
> don't think that this will be a big problem).

Yes, thank you, I would like to get the VM for Irix 5.3.

> The image/changes/sources
> files can be found in the appropriate image directory (no matter what OS
> you run - they're binary compatible).

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  From what I saw of the directions
on the Squeak web page, I need four files, only one of which is OS
specific.  Is that correct?  So I could get them, say, from any
subdirectory on the ftp server that holds Unix files, and then replace
the VM with the one you send me -- correct?

-- Louise

--
Louise Penberthy
Visiting Assistant Professor