General comment on Cheese and prior work in this area

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Wed Mar 18 22:25:20 UTC 1998

Wow! Thanks, Les.  Like Casey Stengel said: "It's deja vu all over again".
In the '88-'92 timeframe I directed a group that built yet another
graphical UI toolkit in CLOS as part of a GIS for the oil patch, called
"Sorcerer's Apprentice".  We looked at most of the systems your message
mentioned.  I guess my subconsious was just blocking out that information
:-)

Now the critical question is: Can people who worked with those systems
recall the "lessons learned" and describe them here for Boris' benefit in
his design of Cheese?

Mike

PS: I love the web.  A quick search in the "subject" categories in Alta
Vista led directly to a bunch of CLIM info, including:

A new research project on "CLIM 3.0":
http://www.darpa.mil/ito/Summaries97/D935_0.html

The CLIM 2.0 user's guide:
http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/CLIM-2.0/     <---- Boris, you