"Open Implementations and Metaobject Protocols" (was Re: class, prototype, meta)

Alan C. Kay alank at wdi.disney.com
Sun Mar 1 23:52:08 UTC 1998

At 3:36 PM -0800 3/1/98, Bruce Cohen wrote:
-- snip -->
>Gregor was circulating early drafts to the object community, which may
>be why Alan Kay remembers reading a copy.

Yep, now that I vaguely recall, it very likely was a draft of someone's that I perused.

What is so interesting about this subject area is the tantalizing notion that by several mechanisms (many of them involving various kinds of confinement) one should be able to get almost everything in a system to be late bound without either great danger or significant performance hits.

Cheers,

Alan