(where to find) "Open Implementations and Metaobject Protocols"

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Mon Mar 2 20:22:07 UTC 1998

Thanks to Allen Wirfs-Brock's suggestion:
For more information on Gregor Kiczales' work on meta-programming and open
implementations see: http://www.parc.xerox.com/spl/projects/oi/default.html
which leads directly to the publication abstract and download links at:
http://www.parc.xerox.com/spl/groups/eca/pubs/complete.html#Kiczales:TUT95

I downloaded this document (Postscript) and converted it to PDF.  The
result is titled (surprise :-) "Open Implementations and Metaobject
Protocols", is 330 pages long, last modified Sep. 8, 1996, and appears to
be the draft Alan refers to below.  The PDF file is 827KB.  I'll be happy
to upload it if someone can tell me where (presuming Gregor doesn't mind).

Mike Wirth

"Alan C. Kay" <alank at wdi.disney.com> on 03/01/98 03:52:08 PM