Squeak and object persistence

Carl E Gundel carlg at world.std.com
Wed Mar 25 15:56:17 UTC 1998

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Thierry Goubier wrote:
> Long transactions, nested transactions, a transaction-based squeak up to
> the UI (morphic or MVC). (of course, the transactions boundaries are
> automatically managed by the system to increase the parallelism between
> processes and with others VMs. Distributed transactions, too)
>
> Just dreaming... But I'd like to be proven wrong...

So, any thoughts on how to exploit self similarity in a persistence model?
I'm not really sure where to take this idea.  Would it be possible to
improve performance if more kinds of objects could be mapped onto fewer
database tables?

Carl
 Carl Gundel  carlg at world.std.com  Shoptalk Systems  508-872-5315
 author of Liberty BASIC, a 1996 PC Magazine Awards Finalist!
 http://world.std.com/~carlg/basic.html