Rookie Response Re: Drawing editor-rookie

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Mar 6 15:26:35 UTC 1998

Carolyn,

I am also a rookie interested in a Drawing editor on Squeak. I have been
working on a port of a Draw80 which was originally written by fellow list
member Sam Adams. I have also looked at Hot Draw and Smalldraw which
are also available on the archive.

None of them will filein to Squeak and run without substantial modifications.
(Squeak heros and demigods, please correct me if I am wrong ;)

Draw80 is giving me fits because I don't understand the MVC well enough to
rewrite the interface yet. The drawing methods also have to be tweaked to
get them to run. And I still don't know how to get a picture out of Squeak.
There are some references to Postscript in Draw80, but if they need to be
fixed I am out of my league.

What is you goal? What do you want to do once you have a drawing program
running in Squeak?

Mr. Adams has hinted that he may have his version of Draw80 ready RSN. I
think that the port would be pretty easy for someone who knew what they were
doing. But people who know what they are doing probably have more interesting
things to do.

Best Regards,

John-Reed Maffeo