General comment on Cheese and prior work in this area

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Wed Mar 18 21:14:17 UTC 1998

Nope, not Garnet (done by Brad Myers and students at CMU), which has now
been ported to C++ and is called "Amulet".  I say "ported to C++" with a
smile, because they implemented a dynamic, prototype object model on top of
C++, so they could get the flexibility they wanted.  BTW, I always thought
Garnet had an interesting approach, with its separation of an information
system into a "model" (which modeled the real world), multiple "views", and
coordination through "active variables", an interesting variation on MVC.

The framework I'm thinking about was done by the Boston Lisp crowd (BBN?
MIT?) and had a name like...  hmm.... was it "CLIM"?.

Mike Wirth

stp at limbo.create.ucsb.edu (Stephen Travis Pope) on 03/18/98 04:01:54 AM

Please respond to stp at limbo.create.ucsb.edu