On a more mundane level Was: "Open Implementations

Mike Klein mike at twinsun.com
Wed Mar 4 00:11:12 UTC 1998

> > I still haven't figured out how to get all methods to look like they
> > have proper line breaks.  It makes browsing a real pain in the ...
> Check what lineends appear to be in use in your sources. Some
> braindead servers/machines/whatever 'help' you by converting them. It
> needs to be just CRs in the sources and changes.

I did it in VisualWorks  (I don't think that qualifies as brain-dead)
I'm pretty sure that I transfered the changes as binary. Maybe I messed
up.  Maybe somebody else did.  The point is that I shouldn't have to do this.

(I also shouldn't have to hit command-. to break out of the page-flipping-sound
while trying to read "Back to the Future").

|input output |

input := 'Squeak1.3.changes' asFilename readStream lineEndLF.
output := 'newSqueak1.3.changes' asFilename writeStream lineEndCR.
output nextPutAll: input upToEnd. "excuse lack of buffering... quick&dirty"
output close.
input close.