squeak 2.0

Chris Reuter cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 19 21:24:39 UTC 1998

Hi,

It looks like this email got sent to me directly somehow or
alternately, it got around my mail filter.  I suspect the
latter, actually, since you're not following up to my post.
In any case, you may want to check if it got onto the mailing list.

> On Tue, 19 May 1998, Joerg Rade wrote:
> > On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 07:47:56PM +0200, David Stes wrote:
> > >

> > > Is Squeak 2.0 Beta already available for Unix ?
> >
> > Every other day I take at look at INRIA, but can't find anything. Is
> > anybody doing the port yet? Ian?
>
> Doing a port from the 1.31 Unix sources is almost trivial. Just add the
> function ioSetFullDisplay() to sqXWindow.c and make an empty
> sqUnixSerialPort.c. Download the Mac sources and look for ioSetFullDisplay()
> (or ioSetFullScreen() or something similar) in sqMacWindow.c and take a
> look at sqMacSerialPort.c.

I took a stab at that last night and got a segfault.  This was under
Linux, BTW.  Are you saying you managed to get it working?  If so,
which Unix did you port to and could you make a tarball available,
preferably with sources and binaries, gzipped?  (Binhex is not the
easiest format to decode under Unix.)

			      --Chris