Mouse Buttons and Modifier Keys (was Yellow Button and Morphic)

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri May 29 17:40:30 UTC 1998

John,

> Win32 machines have only two mouse buttons, so the mapping is:
> 	left-mouse		-> "red"
> 	alt-left-mouse		-> "blue"
> 	right-mouse		-> "yellow"

This is not entirely correct. There are PC mouses having 3 buttons (I'm
using one) and the mapping can be changed in the VM preferences by turning
on "use 3 button mapping" to be:

left-mouse   -> "red"
middle-mouse -> "yellow"
right-mouse  -> "blue"
alt-left-mouse -> "blue" (left in for convenience)

> I believe the mapping of modifier keys is:
> 	Mac	Win32	Unix
> 	shift	shift	shift
> 	ctrl	ctrl	ctrl
> 	cmd	alt	meta(?)
> 	option	---	---
>
> I don't believe there is any Win32 or Unix equivalent of
> the option key. Andreas and Ian, please correct me
> if I'm wrong.

You're right. There is currently no option key for Win32.

  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+