Jitter 2.0 for Macs?

Duane T Williams duane at cmu.edu
Sat May 30 13:39:21 UTC 1998

On Wed, 27 May 1998 16:55:48 -0400, Mark Guzdial wrote:
>I couldn't find a Jitter VM 2.0 for Macs anywhere.  Is it the same as the
>1.31 Jitter?  Or do we need to generate the source and recompile it?

I was waiting to see the answer to Mark's question, but one never arrived.
The Squeak web page at uiuc has been updated to refer to the new 2.0
version of Squeak and it says the release includes Jitter2.0 PPC, but it
doesn't as we all know.  I saw that the new Squeak VM 2.0 has a Category
called Squeak-Jitter and I wondered if Jitter is just built into this VM
and if a separate VM isn't needed.  (I'm just a beginner here.)

	Thanks,
	Duane