MessageTally

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Thu May 21 07:45:12 UTC 1998

>Just a few minutes ago something really strange happened. Squeak lost the
>changes and the sources while browsing recent changes! I saved the image,
>restarted and they were back again, but it was not funny!

That bug was recently fixed. The problem was that the FileList
was reading files in read/write mode rather than read-only mode.
If you happened to touch the .changes files, which is easy to do,
then it was closed as a side-effect! Apparently all holders of
read/write file streams on a given file share a single instance.
(This is in the underlying ANSI C file I/O library.)

	-- John