Squeak 2.0Beta + MIDI

Mark Wai mwai at ibm.net
Tue May 12 01:47:10 UTC 1998

At 09:06 AM 5/10/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've up-loaded a Squeak 2.0 Beta VI/VM with the minimal MIDI files-in,
>as well as complete ST and C sources to the directory
>	ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/2.0Beta/MIDI
>This is just the minimal MIDI support (See the examples in class
>MIDIPort), not the full Siren (which will follow in a few days).
>I'm also updating my STP11 goodies package, so STP12 will be along
>real soon.

Did anyone tried MIDI and Siren successfully on Powerbook G3?  I am
seriously thinking about buying a G3 powerbook after numerous failed
attempts hooking up just MIDI on my thinkpad under Win95 (e.g. the channel
is always unidirectional).  In addition, I think it is my advantage to have
a Mac in order to always have a first hand taste on the latest Squeak :-)

Thanks.

--
Mark Wai
Frontier Systems Architecture Inc.