Web-Based-ST magazine?

Tansel Ersavas tansel at rase.com
Mon May 11 04:21:03 UTC 1998

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I don't know how many of you follow the Comp.Lang.Smalltalk newsgroup, but there was recently a proposal for a an online Smalltalk magazine (thread=Re: Web-Based-ST magazine) from  Johannes Link.  In follow-up, someone else offered web server capacity to support it.
>
> Right now, I and the Squeak team are swamped with getting Version 2.0 out officially, but I would say it is time for someone to post a brief description of Swiki briefly and put out a URL to the Squeak one.  I mean, what could be cooler than for the ST online magazine to be running in Squeak?
>
> Just a thought...
>
>         - Dan

Dan,

I have been thinking about that for a while too, especially after I have
heard that the May issue will be the last issue of "The Smalltalk
Report".

Here in NY, Charles Monteiro did a great job of moving most of NYSTUG
web site to a swiki demo site. He and Mark Guzdial would make great
partners for such an on-line magazine. What do you say Charles?

Meanwhile I have discussed our Squeak book idea with a few publishers
and they were all interested. We can turn some threads on this on-line
magazine to an evolving Squeak book that at one stage we can have a
printed version.

Whatever happened to squeak.org?

Cheers

Tansel