Refactoring Browser (Was: Re: [Q] Ask on String manipulation)

Jörg Rade jr at petz.han.de
Fri May 1 10:00:33 UTC 1998

On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 01:13:28AM +0200, Reinier van Loon wrote:
> Uhh, could some explain what this Refactoring Browser does?
>
> Why is it so special?

Havn't used all its features under VA yet, currently I like it most
for helping me to clean up my initial hackings. Besides many other
things it can:

o rename methods (the selector and all references to it)

o push up methods into a common superclass (removing duplicates in
sibblings)

o push down variables into subclasses

o create a new method from a text selection

o format methods based on definable rules

o its 'lint' tool checks methods e.g. for unused locals

The was an article about it in the SmalltalkReport (Jan 98?)

-j|g
    Joerg Rade   | How could I know what I say | jr at petz.han.de
   Birkenstr. 32 | before I hear what I think? | +49 511 9887497
D-30171 Hannover +-----------------------------+ S: Schlaegerstr.