Debugging In Morphic

William O. Dargel wDargel at shoshana.com
Mon May 25 18:16:57 UTC 1998

Laurence Rozier wrote:

> I'm trying to use the debugger to explore and learn about Morphic. In
> Morphic workspace the following statements bring up a debugger window,
>
> but there is no way to proceed/debug
>
> self halt.
> (SystemWindow labelled: 'Hello World') openInWorld.

The way to get a menu for a pane in Morphic is to click on the button
that's at the very top of a pop-out scroll-bar. In Windows, you probably
also want to avoid a bug which will cause the mouse to disappear when
it's over that button: Hit F2 and make sure that "Defer display update"
is not checked.

I miss being able to right-click to get menus. If I start using the
Morphic environment for development, that's probably one of the first
things I'll want to change.

BTW, don't expect the development tools to be very solid in Morphic just
yet. For instance, I noticed that when stepping in the debugger, the
highlight of the next message send doesn't get updated.

Bill Dargel            wdargel at shoshana.com
Shoshana Technologies
100 West Joy Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105  USA