ian, andreas, stp

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Fri May 29 23:38:00 UTC 1998

Folks -

The original version of SqueakV2.sources had a linefeed character inadvertently pasted into it.  This is fine for Squeak, and will normally cause no problem.  However, some text conversion and file transfer programs will treat linefeed specially, and this can cause a problem.

Squeakers:  If you find a character missing at the beginning of methods in classes that follow 'Server' alphabetically, you have this problem.  The correct length for SqueakV2.sources is 5,602,467 characters.  You should be able to correct it by re-fetching your sources in binary mode.  [A quick fix if you have this problem, and your file is one character short, is to replace the unique string 'one ftp' by the same string with two spaces, as 'one  ftp']

Squeak Site Maintainers:  I have just placed a new version of SqueakV2.sources.sea.bin on the UIUC archive (write date May 29), that has no linefeed characters in it.  At your convenience, please update your site so that all copies or derivatives of this file are replaced with the new version.  Our apologies for the inconvenience.

	- Dan