2.3 beta buglets

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Mon Nov 30 03:29:35 UTC 1998

On Sun 29 Nov, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> Methinks it's because Squeak compresses all its Forms in a normal snapshot, but the im
> age running the systemTracer will have expanded many of them (such as fonts).
The fact that there are 1.7+Mb of Bitmap in the image looks very likely to
be the culprit!

>  I would
>  try
> 	Form shutDown
> at the beginning of writeClone.  Also, I'm not sure if we clamp the displayScreen.  If
>  not, that would make a difference, or you could at least go to color depth 1 before w
> riting the image.
Substituting the Display is definitely a good option, and an easy one (I
have some Tracer hacks that make it very easy to do a substitution of that
sort) but I think some care is probably needed about shutting down Form --
the Tracer does some displaying as it goes and  I can image some possible
problems if the Display and a font are unhibernated in the middle of
tracing them. I'll see how it goes before worrying too much!

I love the Tracer. You can do so many unnatural thins with it....

tim

--
Useful random insult:- A natural talent for finding subliminal messages in ice cubes.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)