problem after using "update from server"

thomas k. nimrod at netzero.net
Tue Nov 10 23:57:33 UTC 1998

I recently updated 2.2 using the "update from server" feature. Now, if I

open Squeak while I'm not online, a message window appears after a few
seconds which says:

                Trouble resolving server name. Keep trying?
                                        Retry
                                        Give up

Clicking on either option only makes the message box disappear for an
instant; it pops right back up (in a slightly different position). No
other window (workspace, transcript, etc.) will open while this message
is present. (When I first open Squeak, I can open a window quickly,
before the message appears, but once the message is there, nothing else
will work.)

As I said, this is only happening if I'm offline; if I am online, Squeak

opens up and seems to work fine.

How can I correct this? Should I delete this updated file and reload 2.2

from the original zip file? Should I have a transcript window open when
I use the "update from server" feature (I didn't last time, but it
seemed to download and update fine, and I saved the image) as someone
hinted?

Thanks in advance.

thomas k.
workingstiff at usa.net