Squeak 2.3 beta available

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu Nov 26 07:26:41 UTC 1998

On Wed 25 Nov, Dan Ingalls wrote:
> Folks -
>
> I have just stored a beta version of Squeak 2.3 out on the UIUC server:
> 	ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/

OK - first bug for Acorn:- I sent johnM a patch to remove the LEBB
startup sequence, since I've withdrawn it from use. Isn't in there, so my
new VM don't work.

Otherwise, same as Dwight said. registering the file stream gets its
knickers twisted and goes into a screaming powerdive to oblivion, pilot
shrieking for mother, smoking crater, fire blazing across the desolate
moors as puzzled sheep look on. Rain comes, puts out the flames, silence
returns. The mist rolls in....

--
Useful random insult:- Renewable energy source for hot air balloons.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)