Results of proposal to create squeak-help list...

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Tue Nov 10 17:27:05 UTC 1998

Joshua Johnson Marker wrote:

> > In short, there does not appear to be the need yet to go so far as
> > creating a separate squeak-help list.
>
>         Seeing how easy they are to create, why not? I don't feel
> strongly, but I'm surprised you came to that decision. Personally, I
> love the 'bazzar' atmosphere and credit a  lot of my education to
> similar settings, though. I could go either way.

I think the squeak-help list could be very good, and I agree with the
benefits of less structured knowledge acquisition -- but if only a
handful of people are interested right now, it could get rather lonesome
in the bazaar. Thus my conclusion. I think it would be better (for now)
to create a corner in the big bazaar of the Squeak list using subject
line prefixes.

> > I would however like to see such queries marked out clearly in the list
> > -- perhaps we could have a subject line prefix: one respondent foresaw
>
> > confirmation with no further info - not even unsubscribe info.
>
>         I could write up a better intro, if you'd like. I like the
> idea of [sqh], etc, too.

Sure, that would be good. Now if only the prefix notion will catch on.

-- Dwight