XML: Miracle drug or communist plot? (was Re: Porting to VW)

Dan Shafer dan at gui.com
Sun Nov 15 16:46:46 UTC 1998

Check out Dave Winer's site (http://www.scripting.com). He's making
extensive use of XML and doing more of it every day. He has proposed an
XML-based extension to HTML document headers that would provide a
scriptable way to let search engines know which pages at a site had been
modified since they last crawled it, for example.

The kind of use to which Mike Anderson proposed XML be put in the Squeak
world is exactly on the mark as far as I'm concerned.

--
Dan Shafer, Looking at Technology from Every Angle
Home Page: http://www.gui.com - Email: dan at gui.com
There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.