Question about update from server.

SWallace scottw at wdi.disney.com
Sun Nov 15 06:17:00 UTC 1998

At 5:37 PM -0800 11/14/98, David LeBlanc wrote:
>Hi;
>I tried the update from server functionality, and it seems to have worked.
>I'm wondering if all the .cs and .st files left in the Squeak dir are
>needed after saving the image?

David,

This is a one-time transitional glitch that happens only when you do an update-from-server that brings in update #365; in this case, all updates from that one through the last one loaded at the same time as #365 are duplicated onto your local disk.

This glitch does not happen a second time -- though if you *want* local copies of the update files to be written to your local disk, you can proactively set the Preference #updateSavesFile to true.

You can freely discard those .cs and .st files.

  -- Scott