Squeaky Sounds on a G3 Powerbook

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 30 23:27:58 UTC 1998

Mark Guzdial wrote:

> - There doesn't seem to be a way to "close" a G3 Powerbook modem/printer
> port, so rebooting is the only way to switch between apps (even AppleTalk)
> that don't close the port well.

There's a good freeware app/conreol panel called MIDI Mangler that frees serial
ports (and can zap PRAM as well).

I'm confused by a couple of the statements on your SWiki page.

1) OMS should work fine on a G3 PowerBook (I use one all the time). It's really
the only way to go for serious MIDI. Getting OMS to recognize your synthesizer
should be easy; what kind of MIDI interface do you have?

2) Please send me email about the startup problems you've had with Siren. I'm
preparing a new release of the "polished" Siren for 2.3.

--
stp

_ Stephen Travis Pope
_ stp at create.ucsb.edu,  http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/