Image size

sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Mon Nov 30 06:28:46 UTC 1998

Hi.

I'm still using Squeak 2.0. I was doing something with function plotters
and I wanted to make alpha-blending while drawing. My video card is set up at a
bitdepth of 16, and so was the image. But I had to make the image bitdepth
32 for alpha blending to work. Correspondingly, the image size went up by over
4mb. But the video card was still set up at a bitdepth of 16, so bitmap
bitdepth crunching was being performed somewhere. After I finished the thing, and
noticing that display speed was much slower (maybe due to such bitdepth
crunching), I closed the morph worlds and set the display depth back to 16. But
the image never got smaller, and the screen updating did not recover its
original speed. I tried a bitdepth of 8, but the image didn't recover its original
size.

Where should I take a look to see what's going on?

Andres.