[sqh] Re: FormView and StandardSystemView

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Thu Nov 12 09:57:20 UTC 1998

  Hello.

> Have you received a reply to your question? I did not see
> one on the mailing list.

  No.

> I have been frustrated by a similar problem and I hoped
> that the answer to your question would be the answer to
> mine.

  I just created a subclass of StandardSystemController and
override #checkForReframe method.  Then I set its
minimumSize equal to the size of the form, and its
maximumSize equal to (minimumSize + (0 at theView
labelHeight)).

  This works, at least.  But I don't think it is a 'right'
way...

> I want to learn how to display a form on a view and then
> be able to corner drag the view to scale it.

  The code of 'FormView class>>open:named:' may help you.
all you have to do is tocopy the code and set minimumSize
and maximumSize appropriately.  StandardSystemController
will take the responsibility the scaling.

  Thank you.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology