more on problem after updating

thomas k. nimrod at netzero.net
Wed Nov 11 06:49:10 UTC 1998

Thanks for the suggestion; here's where I am now:
After the "trouble" message box appears, I press "Alt-."; nothing
happens until I press the mouse button, then a window titled "user
interupt" appears; within it is a line of text that reads:       [] in
BlockContext>>newProcess           ( I can't close this window.)

I have discovered that the "trouble" message box moves following the
cursor; I point the cursor to anywhere, click either button, and the
message box jumps to that spot. Pressing neither button brings up a
context menu and the only way to exit Squeak is is with the Windows
close app "X" button on the top right corner.

Wait, I just thought of something: when I saved my image after
downloading the update, my internet connection was still open. Maybe
this saved image, then, is expecting an open connection! That would
explain why it seems to work properly when I'm online. Eureka!

So, I will test this tomorrow. I will delete the updated 2.2 file,
reload the original, update it but go offline before saving it. I'll let
you know if this solves the problem.

thomas k.
workingstiff at usa.net
socrates preferred death to not asking "why?"