Squeak 2.3 beta available

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Nov 26 03:10:42 UTC 1998

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I have just stored a beta version of Squeak 2.3 out on the UIUC server:
>         ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/
>
> A few things to note:
> This image will want a new VM, although it should run on an old VM if you don't use any of the new pluggable primitives (it may crash if you try).

Well, I don't seem to be getting any results using the existing
Squeak22.exe VM (Oct 16) for Win32 with the Squeak2.3beta.image -- or
rather I _am_ getting results, just nothing useful. I get a blank Squeak
desktop window and the mouse pointer is the Squeak pointer, but I cannot
bring up any menus or get anything else to come up. However, it is not
"hung" in any normal sense, nor does it crash. Anything I might try
other than just punting?

-- Dwight