Anyone using alternative input devices with Squeak? (fwd)

Michael S. Klein mklein at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 11 07:31:26 UTC 1998

In the attempt to create a keymap for the twiddler that caters
specifically to Smalltalk,
I did a digram analysis on all of the Smalltalk method bodies (VW. random
image)
For comparison I include the ten most common digrams in English (corpus:
The Cambridge encylopedia)

Smalltalk: se in er re el on te al en th nt st or
English:   in th he an er re on nd or es

Notice that 'self' makes a lot of the difference

In case you care, here is the top of the results, with percentages.
I elided all punctation digraphs except for '.' and ':' because they are
interesting.

: 	2.28572
se	1.28356
in	1.22589