Building the VM with MPW

johnm at wdi.disney.com johnm at wdi.disney.com
Sat Nov 7 06:17:14 UTC 1998

Bob Arning <arning at charm.net> wrote:
> Jeffrey,
>
> Here are some notes I made for 2.1 - I don't know how relevant or =
> complete they are for 2.2:

I incorporated most of Bob's changes into the 2.2 release. If you are
merely getting compiler warnings about unused parameters or
other things, I'd just ignore them. Compilers differ in what
they warn you about, but Bob found that a Squeak VM built with
MPW worked fine despite the warnings. You *will* have to comment
out the includes of <MacHeaders.h>, which MPW doesn't have,
and add the line:

	static QDGlobals	qd;

to sqMacWindow.c. And there may be a few new problems that
have crept in since Bob tried it; let me know if you find any.

Good luck. Let me know how you make out!

	-- John