[sqvm] squeak vm startup (interpreter?)

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Wed Nov 11 15:58:28 UTC 1998

>I would like to try your suggested direction, but am not sure which is correct
>download for this. What's the correct URL for this?
>
>In a message dated 11/10/98 2:42:45 PM EST, DanI at wdi.disney.com writes:
><< I find it nice to work with the Mini.image on the UIUC server.  >>

Jerry -

You just have to want it real bad...

Start with the Squeak Home Page

	http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/

Then look under Downloading, and click the directory link for either Mac or WIndows.
Now you're in ftp -- go to the next higher directory, and open the folder SmallSqueaksForPDAs.

There you will find the old Mini1.2, and a new 2.2 version of MiniSqueak.

To cut to the chase, here's the URL:

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/SmallSqueaksForPDAs/MiniSqueak2.2/

When things slow down a bit (uh-huh) I'll add a section on Small Squeaks on the home page.

Enjoy
	- Dan