Regenerating the VM

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 4 18:51:50 UTC 1998

Ian Piumarta <Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:

>  > The quick fix is simple: in sq.h, redefine ioLowResMSecs to just be ioMSecs:
>  >
>  > 	#define ioLowResMSecs() ioMSecs()
>
> It should already be like in the 2.2 sq.h!  Maybe there's an erroneous
> #define USE_CLOCK_MSECS in sqConfig.h someplace?  Which platform were
> you running on when you saw delays taking 1000 times too long???
>
> Ian

Linux 2.0.34, using libc5, with a Cyrix 6x86 133Mhz, for what it's worth.

Does the Unix port use a customized sq.h?  Looking in (InterpreterSupportCode class>>squeakHeaderFile), the default definition of ioLowRes..() is not in an #ifdef (even though the regular ioMSecs() is).

Or does one of the other Unix headers #undef this, which would mean my headers are out of date?

Lex