FormView and StandardSystemView

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Tue Nov 3 07:06:09 UTC 1998

  Hi.

  I'm trying to make an application view that contains an
instance of FormView and other views.  But I found a
problem.

  Please evaluate the following code:

     f _ Form fromUser.
     f edit.

  The FormEditor is supposed to be un-resizable, but when I
touch the right- (or left-) bottom corner of the window by
mouse, the window shrinks and the form gets scaled.  It
seems to me that the handling of the labelFrame of
StandardSystemView is wrong for the calculation of the
extent of the "topView".

  What I want to do is to display a form with its exact size
and to prevent it getting scaled.  The other examples I
looked are also trying to do this by setting minimumSize and
maximumSize same, but the calculation of the size seems very
complecated.  Is there much decent way to do this?

  I checked this on Squeak 2.2 on UNIX and Windows95.

  Thank you.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology