2.3 beta buglets

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Sun Nov 29 19:14:08 UTC 1998

Tim,

> Something odd is going on with the Tracer -- it produces an image somewhat
> bigger than 6Mb, which starts up ok and saves back to 4-ish MB. Rather
> spoils the 'coffee-break garbage collector' story doncha think? It seems to
> be a recent problem, as older images clone same/smaller as appropriate. I
> though it might be related to the Display size/depth, but seem to have
> ruled that out. Maybe the WeakArrays need more careful cloning?

This might be a problem (I actually never used the tracer) but I'd think
that the tracer probably doesn't compress any forms which makes quite a
bit of image space.

  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+