Agora, the marriage of classes and prototypes

dufrp at oricom.ca dufrp at oricom.ca
Fri Nov 13 08:10:41 UTC 1998

I am discovering Agora.
Agora94 was implemented in Smalltalk (VisualWorks).
Agora96 in C++.
Agora98 in Java, so Agorette can run in your Java 1.1 browser.
MiniMix is a toy Agora written in scheme to show how they handle
inheritance.

Agora is a message-based, prototype-based language with late-bindings.

Agora96 have Win95 and Mac implementations.

Agora is reflective (they claim to have a very simple
MOP (Meta-Object protocol).

Believe it or not I have no way to try it for now because I am
in the process of going Linux, but I'd like to hear comments.